© Surprise Valley Youth Camp 2017
Surprise Valley Youth Camp

History

History

A   corporation   charter   was   signed   on   November   12,   1956   by   then   board   of   directors members;   Woodrow   Naff   (Pres),   Carl   Harvey   (V.P.),   Robert   Short   (Sec),   Fred   McCallister (Treas),   Ritchie   Naff,   Wilford   Smith,   Fred   Dinkler,   Clifton   Inman,   C.L.   Bellamy,   and   R.E. Craddock. The   camp   purchased   four   acres   on   which   was   a   farm   house   and   some   out   buildings.   In January   1973   an   additional   34   acres   was   purchased.   In   the   beginning   the   farm   house was   remodeled   for   a   kitchen,   dining   room   and   storage   and   a   cabin   and   shelter   were built. In   time,   eight   additional   cabins   were   built,   each   accommodating   16   people. A   new   dining room   and   kitchen   replaced   the   old   farmhouse.   In   addition,   a   rather   modern   building, containing   showers   and   restrooms   was   constructed.   An   all-purpose   building   was   built   in the   spot   of   the   old   farmhouse   and   another   building   was   built   for   classrooms,   recreation and a snack bar. The   first   camp   session   was   held   in   August   1959   with   30   boys   attending.   Fred   Dinkler was the director and a teacher. George Erwin was a teacher and counselor.
© Lorem ipsum dolor sit Nulla in mollit pariatur in, est ut dolor eu eiusmod lorem 2013
S.V.Y.C

History

History

A   corporation   charter   was   signed   on   November   12,   1956   by   then board   of   directors   members;   Woodrow   Naff   (Pres),   Carl   Harvey   (V.P.), Robert   Short   (Sec),   Fred   McCallister   (Treas),   Ritchie   Naff,   Wilford Smith, Fred Dinkler, Clifton Inman, C.L. Bellamy, and R.E. Craddock. The   camp   purchased   four   acres   on   which   was   a   farm   house   and some    out    buildings.    In    January    1973    an    additional    34    acres    was purchased.   In   the   beginning   the   farm   house   was   remodeled   for   a kitchen, dining room and storage and a cabin and shelter were built. In   time,   eight   additional   cabins   were   built,   each   accommodating   16 people. A   new   dining   room   and   kitchen   replaced   the   old   farmhouse.   In addition,   a   rather   modern   building,   containing   showers   and   restrooms was   constructed.   An   all-purpose   building   was   built   in   the   spot   of   the old    farmhouse    and    another    building    was    built    for    classrooms, recreation and a snack bar. The    first    camp    session    was    held    in    August    1959    with    30    boys attending.   Fred   Dinkler   was   the   director   and   a   teacher.   George   Erwin was a teacher and counselor.